Hello, after configure on jira service desk on windows x64+postgress14there is an errorin instance health monitor
Checks that avatar storage is correctly configured.
Exception during health check invocation java.nio.file.InvalidPathException: Illegal char <:> at index 13: 2023-06-18T12:31:57.634374Z
How can I resolve this?
Enable this check
though
Can't really talk about the health check, but I would assume somebody created an image file containing a colon ":" in it, and then tried to upload it to Jira as their avatar. You can have colons in file names on some operating systems, but not on Windows. I'm guessing that the file did not get created, but there is still an invalid reference to it somewhere. If you don't find the file in the directory, I'd look into the database if you have access to it and try to find any avatar references containing a colon to figure out which user that avatar belongs to, and change it.
Hi,
same problem after upgrade to 9.9.0.
SELECT *FROM [jiradb].[jiraschema].[avatar]where [filename] LIKE '%:%'
0 rows
Hmm, also error with colon?
Strange, `avatar` was the one table I used to modify with invalid paths, but we used to see a different error in atlassian-jira.log
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /blabla/shared-home/data/avatars/29813_small_??????_????jrvtg.png (No such file or directory)
But this error is quite specific about the file, thinking about this better now, since I misunderstood it the first time, your health check is more of a general "settings" kind of an error, strange, especially if the path in 'Avatars location' seems right.
If you have a groovy console (Insight has Assets Script Console, ScriptRunner has Script Console, JMWE has Groovy Console), does
import com.atlassian.jira.avatar.AvatarManagerimport com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessorAvatarManager avatarManager = ComponentAccessor.getComponent(AvatarManager)return avatarManager.getAvatarBaseDirectory().getAbsolutePath()
- return the correct path?
From what I can tell, the attachment storage is hardcoded like this:
public File getAvatarBaseDirectory() {return this.fileStores.getHomeFilesystemPath().path(new String[]{"data/avatars"}).asJavaFile();}
So.. I would assume that if this health check fails, more things should be failing, since the home path would be wrong.
Are your attachments otherwise working fine or do you see any symptoms other than the failing health check? If that script resolves the wrong path, probably there's a way to fix it, but if it returns the correct path, then I would throw a coin and say the health check is bugged somehow. Might be something to raise with Atlassian also as I don't see a similar error elsewhere.
Path is right and avatars shown correctly in Jira. I didn't find any problem with avatars except that error in health checker.
FYI -- This is fixed in version 9.9.1. I have upgraded my test environment to the latest version and can verify that it is indeed working.
Issues resolved in 9.9.1 | Atlassian Support | Atlassian Documentation
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.