Howdy)
We came across a case where our custom field either stopped working or is working incorrectly.
We have an automation rule that evrey Monday creates and sends an email with following content:

"Countdown" and "Планова дата виконання" (equivalent of "Due date") are custom fields.
As they told me "Countdown" should have count how many days we have left till the Due date, the number should automaticcally change everyday (I have no idea what it should do when the Due date has passed, show "0" maybe, IDK). Here is the details of the "Countdown" field (there is no description):
As I understand his field doesn't count anything, it reads the text from some source and shows it. I need to find where it takes the nubmer of remaining days from.
I understand that you don't see the whole system, but maybe you can suggest what mechanism in Jira can count the days from current day till "Due date" (or other relevant field).
Thank you and have a good one)