My Jira instance has 6 defined priorities: Blocker / Critical / Major / Minor / Trivial / None Set.
All projects use a common priority scheme that includes all 6, with the default being None Set.
I have one type of sub-task for which the Priority field is hidden by the Field Configuration and not on the Create, Edit, or View Screens.
When I move that to the standard Sub-task issue type, there is no prompt to set the Priority field. After the move, the Priority field does not show on the main View screen. "Where is my field?" says the Priority field is enabled by the field configuration, but the field does not have a value and will not be displayed on the view issue page. When I go to the Edit screen, the issue is shown with a value of Blocker for the Priority field pull-down menu.
I assume that the Edit screen shows Blocker because that's the first value in the list, but why didn't the Priority field get set to the default of None Set when the issue was moved?