I’m attempting to create automation and traced the problem down to a subtask not being shown as a child of the parent.. and wondering what might be causing.
here’s the scenario. The automation is triggered from a subtask. Then queries for other subtask conditions, namely the status, within the parent. The JQL is not returning the results as expected.
issueFunction in ParentsOf(“Status != Done”)
I can see the sub task is not in done, and the parent is not being returned.. I compared to other returned results and the only variables I found was the specific status that was not done.. when I change the status from Requested to In Progress and back the parent is then returned.. but if left in Requested and untouched it will not. I did notice that the issue key shown in the summary column on search results did was not present like not linked to the parent, but when i changed the status it was added.. making me think that it can’t return the parent because the relationship was there until edited..
I don’t want to have the automation have to change the status to allow the query to work. Any suggestions or cause for the failed return?