Hello! I'm hoping for some assistance around the topic of summing up story points at the sub-task level and having that total shown at the Task level. However, I do not want that total to include story points for sub-tasks where the Resolution has been updated to Done. I've been reading numerous other posts and comments, but they are all a bit more complex as they go down the path of scrum theory, burndown, linking stories, etc. Our situation is much simpler based on our use case and introducing some JIRA basics to our user group. We're not exactly following Agile/Scrum methodology to the T.
Screenshot below is what I have setup right now with the JIRA Automation, but what I have gathered is that if I change a sub-task status to Complete, the Automation just doesn't apply to that change, and the Story Points are left alone versus subtracting from the Total. Meaning, the Story Points at the Task level are remaining static.
Use case we are looking for below:
Story Points for Sub-task 1 = 3. Status is In Progress
Story Points for Sub-task 2 = 3. Status is In Progress
Story Point Total for the Task = 6
Sub-task 1 moves to a Completed or even a Cancelled status
Story Point Total for the Task needs to then equal 3
Here is my Automation screenshot:

Can someone please assist? I'm not a technical person AT ALL, but I would imagine there is an easy way to do this that makes sense to a non-technical person....