Hey 👋
I'm new to Jira work management, I'm trying to move the legal team across from Trello to here.
To give a bit of context on Trello we had a main board and 5 sub boards for different departments (coporate/ legal ops/ general ops etc). The main board housed all of the project titles the team was working on, so it gave everyone an overview at a quick glance, a 'shop window view' if you like. However if you wanted to get into the nitty gritty and see what actual tasks, attachments, checklists they were working on to get the project completed you would click into the card and it would be linked to a separate, more specific Trello board.
My question is how should I set this project up on JIRA. I currently have the same idea going, one main project with 5 sub projects, I just have the 'Project Name' inserted on an issue and make them link the key to the issues on their own sub boards. Is this the best way to do this?