I'm using an AWS instance to deploy a code, my first step I to clone the code in AWS instance.The cloning request required me to input password, the password is successfully for login bitbucket website, but when I try to input password for cloning, it failed
```nabih@aws9-1:~$ git clone https://USERNAME@bitbucket.org/company_name/user_service.gitCloning into 'user_service'...Password for 'https://USERNAME@bitbucket.org':```After input password, I am use password that successfully login in bitbucket website, here's the error message```remote: Login failed due to incorrect login credentials or method.remote: If you are unsure of which login details or login method to use, visit:remote: https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/log-into-or-connect-to-bitbucket-cloud/fatal: Authentication failed for 'https://bitbucket.org/company_name/user_service.git/'```
What the possibility beside the wrong password?
I don't know why the password is not accepted (assuming it is correct), but you could try the SSH-based clone. That will not ask for your password. (It is secured by using SSH keys.)
See: https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/set-up-personal-ssh-keys-on-linux/
Hello @Nabih Bawazir ,
To authenticate git operation over HTTPS you will need to provide an App Password, and not the account password (the password you use to login in the UI).
You can create an App Password following the instructions in Create an App Password documentation. To clone the repository, the app password should have at least the repository:read scope.
Also, I removed your username from the question description to protect your privacy, as this is a public forum.
Thank you, @Nabih Bawazir !
Patrik S
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.