I would like to use automation to add a label such as moved from project A, every time an issue is moved.
Hi @Elise
For this, I would use Jira Automation to add a rule on the target project (and you can add specific source projects as needed), which essentially has the following basic config:
Trigger: Issue MovedAction: Edit issue fields (Label)
See screenshot for reference.
Hope that helps - Steve.
Hi Steve, the Issue moved only works if the target project is mine. But I want to add a label to issues MOVED from my project.
In that case, you would need to add a rule for every project the tickets could potentially be moved to, specifying your project as the source project - not ideal unfortunately with Jira Automation.
This aside, you would probably have to look at creating a Scriptrunner (plugin) script to achieve this.
Hi @Elise Sounds like you (at least someone who is a Jira Admin) will need to create a global rule, which qualifies the "from project" and has "to any project". Similar to this:
HTH,KGM
In addition to the suggestions others have provided, I have three questions for you:
Kind regards,Bill
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.