According to this:
The text field should search the summary section of an issue. In my usage I am finding that it is not properly doing that. There are many issues with the keyword in the summary that are not being presented with the text field search. Is this a known problem?
Hello @Erik Cura
Welcome to the Atlassian community.
Can you provide an example of the keyword for which you are searching and the Summary field values that contain the keyword but are not showing up in your search results?
I have moved my reply to the proper section
I have recreated the problem below with self made tickets:
These are all the tickets I have made. However when I search for the word "Avengers" in the contains text box this is all I get:
The only difference is that I put the word "avengers" in the description of Avengers-5. This search should display all 5 regardless of that since the summary field should have been searched also.
When using the text search the search mechanism is looking for free-standing words and stemming variations of those words.
Because you added a dash and additional characters (Avengers-5) to the word in the Summary, it has become a longer "word" that does not match the stemming variations of your search text.
To find issues where avengers is a stand-alone word or part of a larger string (as it is in your Summary) you will need to add a wildcard character (the asterisk) to the end of your search term.
I see. Thank you for your quick responses
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.