Hello,
we would like to publish our documentation and I haven't found anywhere that people who get to our wiki can't access to the page history.
@Dagmar Cervenkova, as far as I am aware if a user can see the page they can view the history.
Thanks,
Kian
@Kian Stack Mumo Systems is correct - there is a Suggestion you could vote for, but since it's remained open for almost 9 years, I'm not optimistic a vote would make a difference:
HUH. I just thought of an actual use case for Confluence automation.
For extra credit, it'd be interesting to see if we could check:
The challenges would be:
You can use Confluence automation's CQL condition to check when the page was last edited, and you can use the "related entities" branch to archive a specific page
Thanks @Trevor Angle. I guess what I really need is to see if Status was already "Ready for Publication" prior to the edit that triggers a rule. Is there CQL for that?
Actually I'm not even sure how CQL would let you check "when the page was last edited". Doesn't CQL only let you do something like:
lastmodified > 2023-05-01
What I need is a hypothetical Smart Value like this:
{{previousVersionofPage.status}}
So I could compare it against "Ready for Publication" and if it matches, then yeah, I guess if related branches can included COPIED pages. Does Confluence have a concept of links like that? I guess I will see!
OK, fun experiments! When the trigger is Page status changed it looks that {{content}} contains some very useful values:
previousContentState={contentStateType=custom, id=833650689, color=#8777d9, name=Ready to publish}, currentContentState={contentStateType=space, id=833617923, color=#57d9a3, name=Ready for review}}
previousContentState={contentStateType=custom, id=833650689, color=#8777d9, name=Ready to publish},
currentContentState={contentStateType=space, id=833617923, color=#57d9a3, name=Ready for review}}
But when the trigger is Page edited (without changes in status) previousContentState and currentContentState are NOT POPULATED.
So then, for my extra credit, this lets us find when a PRIVATE page that had been edited (but status has not changed), and archive the old PUBLIC copy of page and then copy the new version over:
Combine this with the other rule I described and huh, you now have a "publishing" solution.
ONE PROBLEM:
@Trevor Angle can you please explain why Custom statuses are not showing up for the Page Status changed trigger? I DEFINITELY have scoped my rule for a single PRIVATE space which has the "Ready to publish" status, but it's not showing up:
Is this a known issue?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.