Hi all,
New to Jira automation here!
We use our Jira with what I assume is a fairly standard model between service projects and software projects, using linked issues with blocks/is blocked by. Standard process is:
- Service project ticket comes in. Either:
- Feature request ticket is scoped and signed off by a product owner, these get dev software tickets linked as blocking the service project ticket
- System issue ticket comes in, accepted by backend team as a bug, these get dev software tickets linked as blocking the service project ticket
The problem I'm having is building a set of rules in automation which provide the specific responses needed, which are
- Your ticket hasn't made it into a sprint yet
- A new sprint has begun and your ticket has been included
- Your ticket wasn't completed in 1 sprint cycle and has been added to the next sprint (and so on)
- Work for your ticket has now been completed and is deployed live
Looking at available options in automation, I'm not sure if the needs I'm looking to fulfil are too granular and quite simply can't be built for these purposes.
Does anyone else run a similar model and have automation set up in this way? Any general advice would also be appreciated on whether this isn't going to be achievable.
Thanks