I am trying to automate this when an issue is created and assigned to epic, then the team(field) value from epic should be automatically copied to created issue.
I tried direct functionalities however it is not working as expected
Hi @Nagarjuna Busireddypally , thanks for your question.
Please can you share the rule and what you have so far? Even an anonymised version would be helpful.
I usually find that there is some issue with the branching in this type of cases.
If you share the rule, either I or someone else will try to help.
Cheers
This is what i tried but it is not working at all
Hi Nagarjuna,
Please see this previous post about setting the Team field.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/Automation-Set-your-Advanced-Roadmaps-Team-automatically-when/ba-p/1761588
Hi @Nagarjuna Busireddypally
The branch type of Most Recently Created Issue refers to issues created during the rule execution.
Instead consider referencing the parent issue's field directly, and if that does not work, you may need to first branch to the the parent and save the value in a created variable and then use it.
Kind regards,Bill
Try something like this @Nagarjuna Busireddypally
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.