I have installed two trial DC licenses over an active community server license. And now i can't reinstall the commnuity licenses back again because Jira says the type is different. How would I go about doing this?
Hi @Carl Hendrix I think you can find the solution on this page.
regards, Marco
You don't need to go into db or anything, uninstall the existing licenses and then add the ones you need.
In our case we had a problem with having server or dc licenses for JSM and JSW, changing one to another type would throw that error, so we uninstall JSM license, switch JSW (now it lets us), then add JSM.
I think you shouldn't be getting this error with plugins, but for sure with application licenses this can happen so that's the workaround which we found to work.
Hi @Carl Hendrix
Not sure about this error.
But if you are using community server license, you could request for a free DC license as server is reaching it eol soon? Why trial?
Hi @Fazila Ashraf ,It was an accident. The trial ends in 28 days, and we still have a community license until February next year.
Thanks @Marco Brundel , I tested this on a local instance and it worked.
Thanks @Radek Dostál I couldn't use Marco's solution as I didn't have access to our clients' DB. However, your solution worked perfectly!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.