Hello,
I have created custom field called " severity" and set up 4 options which are " low, medium, high, critical". However it shows " none , medium, high, critical" on the create issue page. How can I remove the " none" filed even though I cannot see it under the edit options. please see the screen shot below.
image2016-9-12 10:32:4.png
Is the field optional with a default of 'low'? Sounds like you may have it set to 'low' and when you try to edit it, it shows the other options including 'none'.
Maybe try to make it required if that's what you want?
Sten, please see the screen shot below which shows the actual severity field when we try to create a ticket. I would like to remove the " none" field. Is it possible.
image2016-9-12 10:45:30.png
Ah, so it did actually show 'Low' as well as 'None'.
Yes, you can make the field a required one in the appropriate Field Configuration, you just have to watch out so you don't affect other projects negatively (you can create a new Field Configuration with an appropriate Field Configuration Scheme). You also must decide on a default value.
There are also add-ons that will allow you to modify the list using scripting, "Live Fields" come to mind.
Sten, the project owner does not want " severity " field to be required. the default value is set to " low" but I still need to remove " none" without making " severity" field required. Any suggestions?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.