We recently added a second user directory which syncs with a new company's active directory. Users are synced across ok. They can log into Jira and use the system fine.
However, several users have found the same issue: when searching in the issue navigator and creating a saved filter, when they try to add filters on certain fields (it seems they have access to choose Status but not all Types or Assignees) it throws the error "The Jira server could not be contacted. This may be a temporary glitch or the server may be down."
I found this article which seems very similar:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/the-jira-server-could-not-be-contacted-this-may-be-a-temporary-glitch-or-the-server-may-be-down-1216973920.html
They created an har file for me. However, in the har file I don't see any of the errors mentioning QueryComponent! like it does in the article.
In the har file I do see an error saying "You are not authorised to perform this operation. Please log in."
Their permissions are the same as everyone else.
They tried different browsers and they see the same error in Chrome and Firefox.
Not sure what is causing this error. Any ideas? thx