I want to set a notification to be sent to customer when the ticket is assigned to an employee. How is this done?
when you say "customer" does that equate to reporter? if so...
check project>project settings>notifications>assigned and see if "reporter" is included.
note: i am using cloud so your milage may vary
Under notifications>assigned it does show the assignee, reporter, and all watchers … but when I assign the ticket to a support person, the reporter is not notified.
Definitions:
Reporter = customer = the person emailing in a request for help. Users are allowed to email in a problem and a ticket gets created.
Assignee = person that will actually fix or address the ticket.
I want the person that has the problem to be notified when their ticket is actually assigned to someone.
sigh...yes this is the case. I need to investigate further but it has to do w/ the fact that, for JSD unlike JSW, there are two notification schemes: standard JIRA notifications (project>project settings>notifications) and Customer notifications (project>project settings>customer notifications). There is not option to notify customer when issue is assigned w/in Customer Notifications directly. I thought there may be a way to do this via Automation but my quick look resulted in no such luck. I expect there may be a way to do this via the workflow via transitions but need to play with that. Too, you need to consider if you would want to notify them whenever the assign is changed or simply when it moves from "unassigned" (empty assignee) to non-empty. I would expect the later.
I'm not a fan of the notification complexity that JSD introduced but I'm sure there are valid reasons for it.
BTW....best practice is to comment on an answer in a case like this rather than enter as an Answer.
if you are using JSD server and not cloud I recommend you look at the following article and plugin. I think it may get you what you need.
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/43105349
if the plugin doesn't directly allow you to notify the customer when set to assigned maybe it can be done by adding a comment when assigned. If the comment can be set to public that should do the trick. LMK what you find.
I will try - was unable to comment yesterday because I'm new.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.