Has anyone ever written a script that touches an external (to Jira) webpage every hour or so, and performs some action in Jira based on the response code?
I manage a bunch of web apps, and would love to get Jira issues sent to me when a site responds with something other than a 200? Create a new issue in a project with details on the site that failed the status check.
Ideally, I would have a bunch of parent issues for the sites, and if there is a problem with a site, a subtask is created under the site’s parent issue. That way, I could add more sites to the checker over time, and let the script loop through all of the main issues.
We are running Jira Server v9.7, and the latest Scriptrunner & Automation plugins.
Anyone have experience touching external sites with scriptrunner? Even though I’m not fluent with groovy, I could probably piece together the rest of the script myself using previous community posts and the Adaptivist Library (and ChatGPT…LOL).
Thanks all!