Hi there,
I am trying to find a solution for the combination of "Sub-tasks" and the "Customer Request Type" field within Jira Service Management Server.
The problem is currently that when a user wants to create a subtask from any issue in the service project, they get the message that the customer request field is required, which would be OK.
It it however not possible to fill in any request type on the subtask, since no option is available on the subtask:
If I understand correctly it is not possible to map a subtask to a request type at the moment:
Solved: Subtask and request type (atlassian.com)
I have then tried to remove the "customer request type" field from the Subtask create screen, but the field still keeps getting required from Jira:

I know there is also the field configuration, but I don´t really understand how to remove the customer request type, since the only option I have for this field is "screen" and that I have tried already.
So my question is, what is the best practice for subtask and the customer request type field?
Can I remove this field somehow for the subtask issuetype or can it be (ideally automatically) be populated with the right value?
Thanks in advance!
Simon