Hello community,
I recently took note about updating the Bitbucket Cloud SSH Host Keys (https://bitbucket.org/blog/ssh-host-key-changes) but my repositories connects via oauth.
Should I still do something about this?
Thanks a lot for your time
Hi Denis!
OAuth works over HTTPS and not SSH, so these connections are not affected.
You can double-check that by running the following command in the directory of the clone of your repositories:
git remote -v
If the remote in the output starts with https, then you are using Git over HTTPS and you are not affected.
Please feel free to reach out if you need anything further.
Kind regards,Theodora
Hello @Theodora Boudale,
Thanks a lot for your quick answer.
I tried to double-check with your command, it start with git@bitbucket.org so if I understand well I need to change the SSH host keys but I actually don't have the bitbucket key in my server (~/.ssh/known_hosts)
As I said, I use a auth.json file at the root from my projetcs like that :
{ "bitbucket-oauth": { "bitbucket.org": { "consumer-key": "<myConsumerKey>", "consumer-secret": "<myConsumerSecret>", "access-token": "<myAccessToken>", "access-token-expiration": <myAccessTokenExpiration> } }}
Sorry to borrow you but if I can be sure that I'm ok will be great
Denis
Hi Denis,
You may be using both SSH and HTTPS in different places. In order to figure this out, we would need additional info. Could you please provide the following info?
1. You mentioned
I tried to double-check with your command, it start with git@bitbucket.org
I assume that you ran the command git remote -v in a clone of the repos on your server, is that correct?
2. Are you using either of the following in order to do a git pull or git push in these clones? If so, which one(s)?
3. You gave us a sample of an auth.json file.
Where is this file located? Is it in the source code of your repos? Or in a different place, on the same server as your clones?
4. What are you doing with the Access Token from this file? Are you running API calls? Are you pulling or pushing to the repos?
Hello @Theodora Boudale
Thanks a lot for your help and your time
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.