I'm looking to restrict the subtask creation to less than or equal to 10 using Automation for Jira plugin .Can any help me on that .
Thanks in advance .
Hi @Kotakonda_ Bhargavi
You cannot do that using automation as automation is trigered by events. So it would required the user to create the subtask, check if there is less than 10 then delete the issue if it's not what you want to achieve I guess.
What you want is to prevent user to create a sub-task if there is already 10. I don't really know you want to implement such limitation but I would have try to do it using a validator from Scriptrunner for instance to achieve that.
Regards
@Florian Bonniec can i know how can i implement the same using script runner
Simple Script validator with this code
def passesCondition = true if(issue.parentObject.getSubTaskObjects().size() >= 10){ passesCondition = false } return passesCondition;
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.