Hello,
I would like ask you for help. We have Jira Software (server version) with Jira Service Desk and with setted automation when public issue is created then automatically internal issue is also created. I would like to set custom summary value for created internal issue with post script function. Custom summary have to be in shape = customfield + public issue summary (something like: "SD13 - issue summary". How can I do this?
I was able to fix it with JSU postfunction - Create A Linked Issue (JSU). I had to add new Sub-Function - Copy to New for Summary -> Summary and after that, I was able to use Copy to New for Key -> Summary.
Final linked issue summary is in form: SDTS - Create new account
SDTS - Issue Key from External Service Desk- - prepend separatorCreate new account - Original summary which was cloned from External Service Desk to internal issue
Hi @martinh
You are creating the internal issue using automation for when the public issues is created? If so, then in your automation rule, set the Summary to:
{{triggerIssue.key}} - {{triggerIssue.summary}}
Iam using JSU postfunction called Create A Linked Issue (JSU) which create linked issue between public and internal project and copy some field value from public to internal issue. I would prefer postfunction to do that.
I see - I am not familiar with that add-on and what is available with the Create a Linked Issue function. You should check with the vendor to see if they have post functions as a part of the toolset or you will need another add-on like Automation for Jira or JMWE.
In that plugin there is option to copy field value from origin to new issue with option to overwrite, append or prepend - but probably Iam doing something wrong, because its only working in overwrite mode...
Am I able to create new linked issue from public to internal project with copy some values from public issue to internal issue with setted custom summary and all these by Automation function in Jira?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.