I'd like to have a unique identifier for each repository and want to avoid assigning each one a part number. Is there a way to get to the repository given the UUID? Is there a way to find the URL for the repository given the UUID?
After some searching I found you can use the link bitbucket.org/workspace/{UUID} to go to the repository. It is important to include the curly braces.
Hi Jackson,
welcome to the community!
You can use the Bitbucket cloud repository REST API endpoint
https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/bitbucket/rest/api-group-repositories/#api-repositories-workspace-repo-slug-get
to fetch repository details, including the uuid (with the curly brackets).
You can then access the repository via the uuid (including the curly brackets)
For example https://bitbucket.org/<workspace>/{3ccc67c9-2251-4216-bdce-5400cd864026}/
Hope that helps, let me know how you go.
Best, Ulrich
// Izymes
Hi all,I just wrote this article to try to clarify this topic for the future:
Working with UUIDs and their curly brackets, workspace names or repository slugs in Bitbucket
Let me know if you have any feedback,
Caterina
Great!
Could someone point me to the official doc or code that confirms the use of {UUID}, i need to as future reference purposes.
Hi @keyvan zare rami, the UUID behaviour for the REST APIs is described here: https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/bitbucket/rest/intro/#uri-uuid
You can also use the UUIDs for Git commands (e.g., cloning a repository), but I couldn't find documentation for that.
Example git clone command where the first UUID is the workspace one and the second one is the repository one:
git clone git@bitbucket.org:{574aee80-bcfb-4554-a4c9-3f5a40cde35e}/{6f5a5efa-ab96-40e5-a800-431281728a73}
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.