The Align export of Epics does not contain the fixed date milestones. I need to move greater than 100 Epics each with multiple fixed date milestones. I need the fixed date milestone data to recreate the new Epics.
The only way that I know to do this is:
1) Get a list of all the candidate Epics. In this example, I get only the Epics in a specified Primary Program:
{{base_JA_url}}/Epics?$select=id,title&$filter= primaryProgramId EQ {{ProgramID}} &orderby=id DESC &$top=100&$skip={{mySkip}}
2) Pull each Epics' Audit log
{{base_JA_url}}/Epics/{{myEpicID}}/AuditLog
3) Parse the Audit log for the milestone you are looking for. Make sure you detect if the milestone was removed.
Hi @Paula Hidalgo ,
If you want to move the Epics from one PI to another, there is an easier way to accomplish your goal.
Jira Align has the ability to Mass Move Jira Epics (Features) within a specific Program Increment to a different Program Increment. When in the Epic List View, the More Actions button may have a Mass Move option (available to Admins only). If so, you can use this functionality to move your Epics to the new PI.
Hope this helps!
Jean Henson
Director, Business Agility @ Aligned Agility, an Adaptavist Group company
@Jean Henson - Good to know. What I really want to do is to move Epics to the Solution layer as Capabilities. I can export the Epics and then re-import them as Capabilities. The fixed date milestones do not export as part of the Epic data.
BTW, the Audit log entries are HTML and not JSON, so I had to do something like this to strip out all the HTML:
@Allan Maxwell - Thank you for the extra help!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.