Hi everyone,
My issue: I cannot log into bitbucket.org as I don't have any 2FA record in my auth apps for Bitbucket, no recovery codes, and the 2FA reset email does not get through.
A few premises:
- I have created this Bitbucket account around 2018 but haven't used it in the last couple of years at least.
- Yes, I can access all other Atlassian services (with Atlassian id and 2FA) and regularly receive all other Atlassian emails (including invites and password resets) with no issue. The issue seems to be specific to BitBucket 2FA reset emails.
- I don't remember ever activating 2FA for BB (I see it was supposedly made mandatory in 2022), I do not have any recovery codes, and yes I have checked my spam folders etc.
I am opening this question after seeing this page: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-articles/How-to-get-support-for-Bitbucket-Cloud-invitation-and/ba-p/1932959
Steps I'm following:
- in a new browser session open bitbucket.org and click Log In
- enter my email address, click continue, enter password, click Log in
- I get the Atlassian account 2-step verification page and successfully pass it with 2FA code from mobile app. that works fine - I can access any Atlassian services, however
- if I try to get into Bitbucket I'm immediately redirected to a Bitbucket-specific two-step verification page
- at this point I only have one Atlassian account in my mobile app, which of course fails with "Invalid two-step verification code."
- I click the "Forgot code" link and I get to a page saying "Recover your account - We will send an email to <my address> with instructions on how to recover access to your Bitbucket account..." - I click on "Send recovery email"
- I get a success page "Recovery email has been resent. Check your inbox! Recover your account We've emailed instructions to: ..."
- I never receive any email. Not even after 24/48h. The email is not in spam/junk folders. I have tried multiple times in the last few weeks/months with the same result.
I have a customer inviting me to a new repository and the only option I have right now is to ask them to switch to a different service. Really appreciate any info on steps or alternative options that might exist to either unlock the emails or reset/disable the Bitbucket-specific 2FA (through Atlassian support).
Thanks - Max