We are migrating to bitbucket-git this weekend. I've a couple of questions that could potentially put this at risk (we have already selected the migration option though).
Existing workflow -
My team works on a story basis on the trunk. The commits happen on SVN by story id. Once the story is complete, team creates a code review (in Crucible) from JIRA ["Create Review for all the commits" under the source tab].
Once the story has been reviewed, we move the story to a release branch in SVN. This move doesn't include a merge and a new release branch is created after every release. This way the trunk and the release branch are not related on a common node.
With bitbucket, both the above capabilities seems to have been lost. Looks like, I can create a pull request only in the related trees and that too for all the changes at that point in time! I need to pull on the basis of stories and since the release and master are not related, i need a way to merge between these 2 branches.
Please Help!