I am crying at my desk.. that was the BEST THING about the confluence wiki pages. I loved it!!! It was simple, easy to use, convenient, effectve.. At least leave it as an option for those who want to use it.
Why, oh why, did you have to mess it up? Why do you people feel like you have to introduce fancy parsers, text editors, and the like, to make it "super-user friendly." All this stuff does is get in the way.
Many people who document in Confluence are experienced coders–people who can dream in HTML, Java, Objective-C, and other far more difficult languages. Using markdown is as comfortable for us as a pen and paper is for others.
I was going to push to use Confluence as a documentation tool for my whole department... Now I really have to question that plan. It's annoying as heck now.
Oh, the pain.