Hello -
I've been trying to find a solution to count the number of Issues that contain ANY child fields within a parent field on a cascading list custom field.
What I'm trying to achieve, via the basic pie chart gadget on the dashboard, is to build a filter that shows the number of issues that exist within a parent field in a cascading select list.
For example: I have 2 parent fields with some child field options:
- Virginia
- Richmond, Charlottesville, Culpeper
- North Carolina
- Raleigh, Chapel Hill, Durham
I want the pie chart to show Virginia and North Carolina, and then be able to tell me how many issues exist with ANY of the child selections.
Does that make sense? I've been struggling to articulate this, which has made it more difficult to find a solution.
So far the only JQL I see is the cascadeOption() syntax, and that doesn't seem to be the solution. Any ideas?