I'm a bit new to JIRA install, first of all. BUT.
I got hands of JIRA 6.2 and I have to update it to latest since other versions are no longer available.
Current installation of JIRA (6.2) is currently running on Centos 6 server live (or as others might name it production). Fortunately is on a VMware VM so I can play with another snapshot of same machine. Tried update to 7.1.8 but it fails at the end of web configuration with errors regarding database indexing. I've looked on support and found that on version 6.4 update there are some issues with "Indexing failed after JIRA application upgrade with Reindex All FAILED error". Followed steps in resolving this database issue with the same result (web interface of JIRA unavailable after console update successful). Then re-cheked update process and after a bit of digging found that is better to update to 7.0 prior to 7.1 first. Same result.
Then I thought, maybe is better to have a fresh install and import setup from old 6.2 so:
question 1: is it possible to port configuration and database from 6.2 to 7.1?
I've built a new centos 7 installation server with PostgreSQL installed. For the moment no firewall. Installed JIRA 7.1.8 - started fine in console (no errors - installed on root, I had to chown folder /opt/Atlassian to jira:jira user full access to have errors from apache tomcat not being able to create some /opt/atlassian..../localhost folder dissapear). Still according to default installation presented on site: I should be able to access JIRA at this stage via browser on any PC in same subnet with http://IP_OF_JIRA_SERVER:8080. This does not happen.
I've checked and I have JIRA process listening on tcp protocol on 0.0.0.0:8080 (not on tcp6!!!). I also was able to telnet from local server on both 127.0.0.1:8080 and ip_of_jira_server:8080.
question 2: What did I do wrong? or is there a internal http restriction that I cannot see?
Thanks for support. (I also mention that current installed JIRA is acquired with license.