maven:3.8.1-openjdk-8 was working but includes python 2Getting an error saying Python 3 is now required.What image has java 8, maven, and python 3?
Hi Bruce,
There is no requirement to use a specific Docker image as a build container with the pipe. When a pipe is executed, there is another Docker container (the pipe's container) running inside the build container of the step (Docker-in-Docker). The pipe's container should have all the tools it needs to run.
If another command of your build requires python 3, then you would indeed need to use a container with python 3 or install python 3 during the build by including the necessary commands in that step in your bitbucket-pipelines.yml.
For the build container, we support public and private Docker images including those hosted on Docker Hub, AWS, GCP, Azure, and self-hosted registries accessible on the internet. Please keep in mind that Atlassian neither owns nor maintains every single image in these registries, so I don't know which image would meet your requirements.
I did check, though, a different version of the image you are using, specifically maven:3.8.3-openjdk-8. If I use this image as a build container and add the following command in my yml file:
- python3 --version
it looks like Python 3 is installed, as the output is
+ python3 --versionPython 3.9.2
If you are familiar with Docker, we do recommend creating and using your own custom Docker image that includes only the tools and the versions you need, in order to keep it lightweight:
Kind regards,Theodora
Thank you very much!
Docker image maven:3.8.3-openjdk-8 got me back up and running.
As a solo, full stack, developer of 4 web applications, taking the time to build my own docker images for this purpose is something that would slow me down too much.
I very much appreciate how BitBucket pipelines increases my productivity dramatically.
Thank you for the update and you are very welcome!
I understand that building your own Docker image can be time-consuming. It's good to hear that the image maven:3.8.3-openjdk-8 works for you and that pipelines increases your productivity.
Please feel free to reach out if you ever need anything else!
Java 8 support in Google App Engine has been discontinued. Java 11 support will be discontinued in October. I am now trying to use Java 17 but I find that
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.