Running latest version of Jira DataCenter.
This is a good starting point: How to update a story's target start and end dates based on the sprint dates using Jira Automation | Jira | Atlassian Documentation
But trying to get the latest sprint end date from a group of stories in an Epic. Reading a single date works, but adding the date.max does not work: {{issue.sprint.last.endDate.jiraDate date.max}}
Hi @Michael Byers -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
First thing, I am using Jira Cloud, not Server/Data Center, and so my answer is based on what I know about automation rules.
The Server/Data Center version has the ability to bulk-handle issues for a branch or scheduled trigger with JQL: https://confluence.atlassian.com/automation/run-a-rule-against-issues-in-bulk-993924653.html
When you do that, the {{issues}} smart value is available to try to find the latest (last) one.
Kind regards,Bill
Also tried with {{issues}} (which does return the set) but date.max does not seem to work with sprint dates. For now, I added another IF comparison to keep the largest date in a temp variable.
Perhaps also try these expressions to check the date without text formatting as jiraDate:
{{issues.sprint.last.endDate.max}} to check one sprint value per issue, or
{{issues.sprint.endDate.max}} to check all possible sprints for each issue (in case issues were in multiple sprints.
@Bill Sheboy old thread but I got this to work on Jira Cloud with
{{lookupIssues.sprint.endDate.first}}
It's illogical but it brings the latest sprint date in a list of issues.
You are a bit of a legend with these smart values so thought I'd share.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.