I am reaching out to you for assistance with an issue I am facing while trying to push my code to a remote repository after using the BFG Repo Cleaner tool.
In the past, I accidentally pushed some confidential keys to my git repository. Although I have since removed these keys from the files, they are still visible in the git history. To mask these keys and protect sensitive information, I decided to use BFG Repo Cleaner to rewrite the repository's history.
BFG Repo Cleaner was able to rewrite the history in just a few seconds, which is great. However, I am now encountering a problem when I try to push the updated code to the remote repository. The process seems to hang indefinitely, and I have been unable to resolve this issue.
I have already attempted several solutions, such as increasing the buffer size and performing garbage collection, but to no avail. It is worth noting that my repository is just 64 MB in size after cloning it using the --mirror flag.
I would greatly appreciate any guidance or assistance you can provide in resolving this issue.