Hello!
I'm working with a company who are in the process of merging two entities, let's call them Entity A and Entity B. Entity A uses a Jira and Confluence cloud site, a.atlassian.net, and Entity B uses a Jira cloud site, b.atlassian.net. B does not currently use Confluence. Both sites are under different Atlassian organisations.
They wish to merge the sites such that all users use b.atlassian.net. I will be using the cloud-to-cloud migration tool to migrate the Jira data from site A to site B. For Confluence, I want to know if it is possible to lift and shift Entity A's existing site, a.atlassian.net/confluence to b.atlassian.net/confluence?
I know I can can bring site A under B's Atlassian organisation, but the URL would still be a.atlassian.net.
Would I have to follow the steps to do a full Confluence cloud-to-cloud migration as per https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloudkb/migrating-from-confluence-cloud-to-confluence-cloud-691011969.html, or is there an easier way when the product doesn't yet exist on the target site?
Thanks in advance.