Hi,
I have 2 projects AA and BB. In project AA I have parent issues with a custom field Country. In Project BB there are parent issues with Summary field set to Country values. I would like to build an automation which will create a child issue in project BB under parent issue which has Summary field equal to value of Country field in parent issue in project AA whenever new child issue with Summary field equal to 'phrase' is created in project AA.
So the automation should be triggered when in project AA new child issue with Summary field equal to 'phrase' is created. Then the automation should get the value of Country field in parent issue in project AA and look for a parent issue in project BB with Summary field equal to this Country value. Once the parent issue in project BB is found then automation should create child issue with some values rewritten from parent issue in project AA.
I stuck on initial conditions I can get parent issue key in project AA but I don't know how to get value of Country field and compare it with Summary field in project BB to create child issue under parent issue which meet this condition.
Is such automation possible in Jira or external scripts or additional plugins are required?
Thanks
Pawel