Hello everyone,
I am reaching out to see if there is a way to automate Moving an issue ticket such that the ticket maintains the same KEY but has a different issue type all within the same project. I know I can automate the cloning of an issue into a different issue type, however this will create a new issue ticket with a different Key. I would also like to update the status field to a particular status within the workflow of the destination issue type (the workflows are different). Or if there are suggestions of how to re-engineer my ultimate goal:
issue ticket with Issue type 1 collects data ...during its final status of its workflow provide the option to move issue ticket to issue type 2 maintaining the KEY and updating the issue to a status within the workflow associated with issue type 2 .. all within the same project.
I hope this makes sense.
Thanks
Always
Alex