I have numerous occasions where I need to change a due date on one task and have all the tasks after move out as well. This is very tedious even with Bulk change.
No. It's the wrong thing to do for most users - a due date belongs to the issue it is on, not other issues.
However, changing a due date on one issue should be able to push out due dates on linked or child issues. I would think this would be helpful for anyone who is using Jira for hardware projects.
No, in most cases, they should not do this. Why should due-date on issue X change just because it happens to be linked to another issue that changes? I know what you're thinking of - project planning where you want *dependencies* to change if dates move. That's fine, but it's a disaster to do it at issue level automatically. If you really need this, please don't try to inflict it on issues. Planning dependencies is a totally different thing. Have a look at the Portfolio addon instead - that does planning without needing to break all your issue data.
See the conversation above.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.