I want to create issues and when the status of the issues is 'Done' the issues needs to transition automatically to 'Backlog' on the last day of the year.
So the workflow is 'backlog' -> 'in progress' -> 'review' -> 'done' -> 'backlog'.... and then it repeats.
I tried to set an automation rule, but I don't think I got it right.
I set a rule as following:
When: Scheduled
Fixed rate 1 every day
Searches with: duedate = "{{now.format("2023/12/31")}}
Then: Transition the issue to Backlog
And: 'Add comment to issue' as I want to automatically want to add a standard comment to the issue.
I tried to set the date to today to test it, but the issue won't transition to anything.
The reason that I want this is is as following:
I want to create issues for different teams with tasks they need to do. The issues need to be placed in their backlog (on their own board) and they got the freedom to complete the tasks throughout the year as long as they complete them before the end of the year. At the end of the year the issues need to be placed back on their backlog again, so the whole thing can start again.
The issues won't have a set due date or anything.
How do I need set the automation rule to do the thing I want?