When running the following code, as per this link:
import requestsimport osworkspace = "redacted"repo_slug = "redacted"token = os.getenv('BB_TOKEN')pipeline_uuid = "{aaaaaaaa-bbbb-cccc-dddd-eeeeeeeeeeee}"step_uuid = "{ffffffff-gggg-hhhh-iiii-jjjjjjjjjjjj}"url = f"https://api.bitbucket.org/2.0/repositories/{workspace}/{repo_slug}/pipelines/{pipeline_uuid}/steps/{step_uuid}/log"headers = {"Accept": "application/json", "Authorization": f"Bearer {token}"}response = requests.request("GET", url, headers=headers)print(response.text)
I get the following:
{"code": 406, "message": "HTTP 406 Not Acceptable"}
The pipeline_uuid and step_uuid are 100% correct (obviously altered in these examples).
By comparison, the following script works perfectly - the only difference is the url:
import requestsimport jsonworkspace = "redacted"repo_slug = "redacted"token = os.getenv('BB_TOKEN')pipeline_uuid = "{aaaaaaaa-bbbb-cccc-dddd-eeeeeeeeeeee}"url = f"https://api.bitbucket.org/2.0/repositories/{workspace}/{repo_slug}/pipelines/{pipeline_uuid}/steps/"headers = {"Accept": "application/json", "Authorization": f"Bearer {token}"}response = requests.request("GET", url, headers=headers)print(response.txt)
Is the API simply broken:
https://api.bitbucket.org/2.0/repositories/{workspace}/{repo_slug}/pipelines/{pipeline_uuid}/steps/{step_uuid}/log
Or am I missing something?
I checked out the documentation of the corresponding REST API endpoint and they don't even list 406 as a possible response status code:
https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/bitbucket/rest/api-group-pipelines/#api-repositories-workspace-repo-slug-pipelines-pipeline-uuid-steps-step-uuid-log-get
If you're 100% sure that the two uuid's are correct and that they correctly replaced in the URL template (i.e. the final URL) is correct, then it may be a bug in Bitbucket.
If I were you, I'd try to send the same request, same URL, same headers from Postman to see if there is nothing obviously broken with it.
Ok... worked in Postman with the same (resolved) URL, so I checked for what else was different...
I was using the following headers:
headers = {"Accept": "application/json", "Authorization": f"Bearer {token}"}
.. which I stole from another request I was using - didn't respect that the fact that is was only accepting 'application/json' - my bad.
The docs don't specify a header at all, so I just didn't read them properly.
I changed the headers to:
headers = {"Accept": "*/*", "Authorization": f"Bearer {token}"}
.. and it now works perfectly.
Thanks for your help.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.