I have an interesting question for the community. My Director of Security Operations wants me to build him a new project in Jira Cloud to handle a series of incident reports. It will be restricted to his security team, and I can meet all of his requirements except one.
He is looking to get a daily report of who viewed issues in this project. I thought I could do this with the audit logs. At admin.atlassian.com I can view organizational audit logs, and I can filter on "Viewed Jira issue". Unfortunatley it doesn't show anything, as in this search I did on my own activity over the last week.

So I looked in the Jira Cloud audit log, but also got nothing and no option to filter on issue views. Checking the documenation, I see this paragraph.
The audit log isn't intended to record all activity in Jira. For example, it doesn't track issue updates or pages that are viewed by a user. The audit log is intended to record configuration changes that can impact users and projects.
So it seems like there was an intent to log views at the organization level but it never happened.
Is there any way to track issue views for a specific project? Not changes or updates, just who viewed the issues.