I have a Bitbucket repository where I store some *.html, *.css, *.js files.
Part of this repository - about 60 *.json files, each about 1-3MB size.
These files are changed 3 times per day, so there are 3 commits every day.
And I do not need old versions of these *.json files - only the most recent version.
These *.json files create problems: Git repository grows with the time!
Attempts to delete old versions of the *.json files (with BFG tool and "git gc/prune") can not be fully automated - unfortunately I have to ask Bitbucket admins to run "git gc" on their servers (after running BFG on my machine).
And, actually, I do not need version control for these *.json files at all.
They just should be stored (somewhere in or near the repository)
THE QUESTION:
Is Git LFS a good idea for such *.json files?
Imagine Git LFS will be used - can I completely delete/purge old versions of the files by myself? (without asking Bitbucket admins to run "git gc" on their servers)
Imagine I run some (Git LFS) commands (a cronjob with commands similar to "git gc") every day.
Would it help keeping the repository size constant?