Curiously, I am mucking about with this very thing right now. The tables you want will be:
IF you are going to modify this outside JIRA, you'll want to stop the instance, do the mods and make sure you set unique id values larger than what is in there and then update the sequence table. This link is of great help for that: https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/jira-platform/jira-architecture/database-schema#Databaseschema-Customfields
Good luck
Hi Mike,
Thanks for the response.
Please find custom fields and ID's and project ID below.
custom field 1: Percent QA Testing Completed
fieldId=customfield_10502
custom field 2: Percent UAT Testing Completed
fieldId=customfield_10503
Project ID: EditIssueType!default.jspa?id=10104
Project Key=DA
I ran below query and result came out no search is found.
select * from [jiraschema].[customfieldvalue]
where issue=(select id from [jiraschema].jiraissue
where project = (SELECT id from [jiraschema].project
where pkey='10502') AND issuenum = '10503');
I want those customfield tables in database. please let me know how can i find it out.
Thanks,
srikanth
Please, avoid touching the database, it's a pain to use for reporting/lookups, and there are no circumstances under which it's a good idea to write to it (beyond bug fixes).
But, if you must.
I don't understand what your query is trying to do, it looks very very confused. You appear to be using custom field IDs to read the issue for a start, which is complete nonsense.
I am going to guess that you want the value of the custom fields named "Parent QA/UAT testing complete", AND that those fields are simple text or numeric fields.
First, read the project table for the project key
select id from project where key = 'DA' ;
Then you can get the values for both custom fields by using
select * from customfieldvalue<br>join jiraissue on customfield.issue = jiraissue.id<br>where jiraissue.pkey = <project id from above> and<br>customfield in ( 10502, 10503 ) ;
I've kept the SQL long winded and probably inefficient, but easier to read and understand how the tables relate.
If the fields are select type fields, you'll need to do more work to get the actual values out.
I have been reviewing these tables and unable to get the entries that does not have a value for a custom field.
For Instance, customfield 10502 is not a required field and there are lot of JIRA issue with/without values for this custom field. I could query to get the list of issues with entries but unable to get the list which does not have an entry.
select * from customfieldvalue where CUSTOMFIELD = 10502 and STRINGVALUE is null; - Doesn't fetch anything
cf[10502] is empty - as JQL works.
Can you please help @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Vignesh
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.