We have a team-managed project which occasionally "drops" active work items we have from the Board view, while keeping them viewable in the List view. Has anyone ever experienced a similar issue?
That could be a symptom of the Board configuration. Each column is mapped to specific statuses. If an issue is in a status that is not mapped to the board it would not display. I would start by looking at the board configuration.
If that doesn't seem to to be the case, then I would ask that you share a picture of your list with the issue that is missing and the board where it doesn't show so we can further help.
Kris
Thank you for the reply. I'm not sure if there was a recent change with team-managed project settings, but I no longer have the ability to view the mapping between column and statuses. If I navigate to Board - More and look at the available options it only shows:
Customize Cards
Edit Workflow
Expand all Columns
Collapse all Columns
When I navigate to Edit Workflow, it sends me to the Project Details screen and only has the option to Move to trash.
I've also tried accessing the project settings via my (org & site) admin permissions, to then come back into the affected project but it's the same view/access I've described above.
I'm not currently missing tasks from the Board view as I have a temporary workaround to bring them back (on List view, change from a "Done" status to "To Do" status which populates the Board again) and had to bring the missing Tasks back quickly. Once it occurs again I can provide a screenshot.
Megan
Hello @Megan Fatigato
Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
Based on this response
If I navigate to Board - More and look at the available options it only shows: Customize Cards Edit Workflow Expand all Columns Collapse all Columns
If I navigate to Board - More and look at the available options it only shows:
I believe you are working with a Jira Work Management project. Do you see options like this at the top of your screen.
If so, then you are definitely working with a Work Management project.
Can you show us the columns on your board? Are the missing tasks only from the Done column or does it affect other columns?
For Jira Work Management projects, as per this document you will see Done issues on the board for only 14 days. After that they will be hidden to reduce the "clutter" of the board.
Additionally no more than a total of 1000 issues can be displayed on a board. If there are more than 1000 issues, and it will be the oldest 1000 issues that are displayed.
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JWMCLOUD-23
Wow, this is what I must be experiencing. Items leaving 'Done' after 14 days. Do you know if this can be turned off or extended? Can I quickly bring them all back on to the board?
@Jordan Lewis
Welcome to the Atlassian community!
This is not a configurable option for Jira Work Management projects/boards. I'm not aware of there being any change request about that, but there could be one.
The only way I know of to bring the issues back to the board is to change their status.
Bummer. It throws my work flow. A lot of my tasks are info gathering and then I go back and pull it all together into a report. I'll have to add a new column or something.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.