Does anyone know of a way to have Jira send reminder emails to a specific user/assignee when a task/issue or sub-task/child issue is nearing its due date? I know Trello used to do this, but don't see a clear way of doing it in Jira WM.
Hi @Brittany Melville ,
Welcome to the Community!
Your requirement seems to be similar to what is being discussed in below post. Can you try adding assignee = currentUser() to your filter and try creating a filter subscription regular email reminders.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/JIRA-subscribe-How-to-send-the-mail-to-Assignee-only-not/qaq-p/1203336
Thanks,Aditya
Hi @Brittany Melville and welcome to the community,
As @Aditya Verma stated well, the easiest way is to create a subscription filter using a JQL like:
assignee=currentUser() and duedate >= startOfDay(1) and duedate <= endOfDay(1)
The above JQL will bring all issues which the due date is tomorrow. Changing the number inside the parenthesis will change the period of the due date.
After saving your filter, you must share it with a group of people (edit its permissions) and then you can create a subscription filter to send this list of issues at a schedule time each day/week/etc on the specific group you will specify and to which you belong.
Finally in order to do the above you must have two global permissions:
@Alex Koxaras -Relational- and @Aditya Verma , thank you. Does this subscription filter have to be applied at the project level or issue level? I am a fairly new admin/user to Jira and have not created a subscription filter before.
You basically create a search (this is called a filter). The results of this search will become the email which will be send out using the filter subscription functionality. So if your filter (search) yields issues from different projects, then this is what you'll get. If your search yields only one issue, then you'll get just one issue.
Ok, I think I understand. Hopefully this will make more sense when I am able to look at it. Unfortunately I do not have the two global permissions you mentioned so I am in the process of getting access to those first. Thanks very much for your help!
I've only been using Jira/Confluence a few weeks now and trying to learn - how to accomplish this task. I believe there is a simplified solution posted in the Automated Playground.
https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/automation-template-library/rules#/rule/9918938/207129065
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.