Hello,
We have an Jira Software Server instance with expired partner license(Internal use) and we need to migrate to Jira Software Data Center. Our plan is to run our Data Center as a single node instance. Can we just change the license to Data Center and everything will be fine?
We have to delete our existing Server licenses in order to fit new licenses to our partner budget and if i understand correctly, this causes some problems. Atlassian agent is implying that Server license data will be deleted, what does he mean by this? How can I achieve this migration? He says I need to do a backup, then they delete the license and then I can recover the data and database to a new DC instance.
I am completely dumbfounded by this, license is somehow binded to some data? Does it wipe the database or local /data directory? I can't get my head around this. Say we back up everything and then try to restore, when we run our new DC instance the deleted license key is still in the database and wipes it?
I thought about using DC trial licenses for Jira Software and Jira Service Management, but does that work? Trial those products, then have them delete Server licenses&generate new Data Center licenses and then apply them to my instance? Or this is out of question also?
Would really appreciate any thoughts anyone has on this as I don't know where to go from here.
Best regards,
Matis