I am in the process of upgrading our JIRA instance from 6.3.15 to 7.0+ and also switching to the new model (JIRA Core/Software/Service Desk).
During the initial upgrade attempts there were many problems due to Plug-ins not being compatible so we disabled all plugins before upgrading. This also includes the Service Desk 2.5 module which was installed.
After that the upgrade to 7.0 via the JIRA Software installer worked fine. The Plugins/Add-Ons were still disabled after the upgrade but everything else worked.
We then proceeded to install the JIRA Service Desk also via the installer. After the upgrade we wanted to reactivate the Plug-In/Add-On. Now the Addon is categorized as Application Component and JIRA kindly informs me that these can not be disabled, which is fine. But I would like to ENABLE it now....
Does anyone know how to enable a application component?
I maybe also just be missing a very obvious button which I am glad to admit because then issue is solved.
22-02-2016 16-18-28.png