This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Links
How to open a web link in a new tab?
Hello, you can ctrl+click a link to open it in a new tab
Hi Tommaso,
These links show you how to force links to open i a new tab:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-force-links-to-open-in-a-new-window-213518072.html
https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-do-i-make-my-attachments-open-in-a-new-window-or-tab-313459830.html
As you're on the Cloud version you'll need to download an HTML macro for cloud if you want to do this; it is paid for but the pricing is very cheap.
The solution is here:
Hello.
Without HTML or the source editor I solved it with a user macro.
I just entered the following code:
<script>jQuery(document).ready(function() {jQuery(".wiki-content a").attr("target", "_blank");});</script>
But: That affects ALL links on a page.
Can I somehow modify it so that only some links will be opened in a new page?
(facepalm)
Install this extension.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/stackoverflow-jira-extern/omobkjbchckaocdkcbeapemooohjgbnk
TBH, this is not really a solution. What is required is to simply allow an editor of a Confluence page to select a target of a link, i.e. `_blank`
didn't there use to be a checkbox for this simple functionality?
This is good however, opening a new window is still different from opening a new tab. The built-in macro is for opening a link in a new window. I also prefer that there is also one macro for opening a link in a new tab instead.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.