I want to prevent direct commits to specific branches and allow only pull requests. I have created a branch restriction but didn't see any option which allows for this. The documentation shows a "prevent changes without a pull request" checkbox ( https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/using-branch-permissions-776639807.html ) but I don't see it. This is what is shown in the branch restrictions tab, under Workflow in the Repository Settings page -
The documentation you linked is for the BitBucket Server, a self-hosted BitBucket with more control like the feature you want.
Ah ok, thanks. I didn't notice the "Data Center and Server" part in the breadcrumbs there.
Hi @siva,
You can actually achieve what you want by changing the setting in Write access to Only specific people or groups have write access, and then leave the field below it empty:
With a setting like this, no one will be able to push commits to the branch(es) with that branch restriction.
You can also limit the users who can merge via pull request with the Only specific people or groups have merge access option, in the Merge access via pull requests section. If you don't want to restrict this, you can of course leave it to Everyone with access to the repository has merge access.
If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know!
Kind regards,Theodora
Thank you. I wondered whether this would work but haven't tried it out yet.
You are welcome Siva. Please feel free to reach out if you have any other questions!
If I make configuration like in your picture then I can't create branch with specific pattern.
For example, I want to forbid write access to branch with pattern release-* without pull request. If I make setting like on your image then I can't create branch with name release-1.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.