Hello,
Please advise what would be the code for the automation rule: "WHEN Task1 start date is within 7 days, THEN send an alert to Task1 Assignee." Thank you in advance.
Hello @samantha_sharkov
I think is more easy, you could use jql function StartOfDay(+7d)
Change Duedate for your customfield "Start Date"
I hope that helps!!
Hi Samantha
You could do this with a scheduler in automation.
Attach example:
Hope this help!
Hi again
You could change the JQL condition because it sends a comment all day which is wrong because I think you only want to notify once
Its better if you use the Advanced compare condition to check the start date and fire the notification.
https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/examples-of-using-smart-values-with-dates/#Comparing-two-dates
Best regards!
Hi David,
Thank you very much, but I am lost. I need very specific instructions with the written code. I don't know JQL. The documentation doesn't help because I don't understand it. Here is what I have right now and my rule is failing.
Hi, @samantha_sharkov !
As an alternative to Jira automation, you can set a reminder directly in the Jira issue with Boomerang: Reminders for Jira Issue.
Thanks, but no budget.
Thank you, David! Seems to work now.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.