I have created two Jira Work Management projects to track the progress and automate our onboardings and offboardings. Although we could have technically operated out of a single project with different issues for onboarding and offboarding respectively, we opted to separate them because:
- Onboardings were meant to be more public, so that the new hire's team can track, comment on, and advance the issue along its workflow.
- Offboardings were meant to be confidential and for HR and IT's eyes only
These projects are mostly identical in the required information they collect, and the only differences were their statuses and the automation rules that were triggered by them.
In one of these projects, I was able to add custom fields such as a Dropdown, People picker, etc. to the issue type by dragging and dropping from the right-pane in the corresponding settings page. Whether designated as required or not, I was able to add them to the form and have them appear in the preview.
In the other project, adding the same fields in the same way resulted in the forms page showing 
while fields that were unrequired were unavailable to be used in the form.
The location where a required field was automatically generated showed
and attempting to preview the form indicated that it was unavailable.
I'm unsure about why the behavior between the two projects' issues' fields are so inconsistent, but I would appreciate any help to get these fields working on my second project.
The fields I am encountering this issue on are
- People
- Date
- Dropdown
- Checkbox
The problematic field types above are working in my first project, but not the second.
Thanks in advance.
Thomas