Hello,
I am trying to create an Automation that will trigger sub-tasks specific filed change once the Parent same field was change. Example.Once A User story as an assignee I would like that all the sub-tasks will get the same assignee.Thanks
Hi, the answer below from @Ste Wright describes how to do this in good detail:
You would simply need to use a Branch rule For sub-tasks instead of For stories and select the field you would want to update.
Thanks. It's totally make sense but not working for me. I would like to share my example.I have a custom filed (called FO) set on Stories, Task and SubTask. When create a User Story, I assign an FO (user in Jira) for it.The FO then create the Subtasks.What usually happen is that subtasks are missing the FO name, so I wanted an Automation that every new SubTask of a story or Task will get the FO name. Hope it is clear.What I was doing :- Condition: Set FO is not equal the FO from the Parent issue- Action: Edit issue Field FO (click on set) then choose "copy from parent"
Hi @Amit Fainer
Is this still not working for you?
Ste
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.