Recently we have set up a Business Project to manage tasks for one of our Engineering teams, however, the Engineering head has recently asked about setting up communication to external users, much like our IT Service Desk project.
Is this possible? From what I've seen and found, Business projects aren't really meant to have "Customer" notifications like Service Desk projects do.
I've tested creating a task and adding a user as the reporter, and even added them to the project with a limited permission role, but they don't receive notifications, in email or through Jira, and can't even see the project. I don't want them to see the project, but I can't seem to get notifications to go through as requested.
The only way I can see this working the way the Department lead wants is by changing his project to a Service Desk project, though the license cost goes up a bit.